From 1724 to the 1870s, the Alamo and its historic footprint were one property. But for more than a century, the Alamo has been divided. The State of Texas owns the Alamo Church and Long Barrack (red), with the General Land Office the state's guardian since 2011. The City of San Antonio owns Alamo Plaza and Alamo Street - which is the majority of the Alamo's historic mission footprint and the site of the 1836 battlefield (blue and yellow). The preservation and restoration plan calls for unifying the Alamo and its historic footprint under the state.