For the Alamo
The Alamo preservation and restoration plan calls for five key goals:
- Restore the Church and Long Barrack.
- Delineate the historic footprint.
- Recapture the historic Mission Plaza and restore reverence.
- Repurpose the Crockett Block buildings into a world-class visitors center and museum that tells the story of the Alamo and its more than 300 years of history.
- Create a sense of arrival to the site and enhance connectivity to other sites and public spaces in San Antonio.
These goals were approved by the General Land Office and the City of San Antonio, and are entirely consistent with the vision and guiding principles adopted by the Alamo Citizens Advisory Committee. The preservation and restoration plan meets these goals.